The Exfoliator not only exfoliates, soothes, softens, and reduces inflammation, but also leaves you with a fresh layer of skin that is smooth, supple, radiant, and healthier.
The Exfoliator by CTFO is a non-abrasive exfoliant that was hand-crafted with carefully chosen natural and organic ingredients.
This nutrient-rich formula removes dead skin cells effortlessly and conditions the skin for the next step in a quality skincare regiment. Removing dead skin cells is important, but it is equally vital to hydrate and condition the skin in the exfoliating process.⠀⠀
In the exfoliating process, it is important to hydrate and condition the skin in addition to getting rid of dead skin cells.
See our Two-Step Skin Health Routine
- Exfoliate with The Exfoliator
- Hydrate with Dermavie
List of Select Ingredients for The Exfoliator
- Witch Hazel – It acts as a natural astringent to shrink your pores and tighten and tone your skin. It also helps reduce skin inflammation and decrease oil and redness. It can lessen bacteria growth on the skin while speeding up the healing of scars, scabs, and infections. It removes things like excess oil and impurities and then nourishes the skin with healthy moisturizing properties that prevent the skin from drying out. It also helps protect the skin against cancer, melanoma, and other damage that results from UV light thanks to its tannins and polyphenols which are known to inhibit the proliferation of melanoma cells, helping to protect healthy skin cells as you age.
- Glycerin – Is a natural humectant that seals moisture into the skin.
- Chamomile Extract – Soothing, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, great for sensitive skin. It helps fight and block out irritants by eliminating free radicals which damage your skin and accelerate the aging process. It’s a natural skin lightener that promotes a healthy glow of the skin as it heals and restores its natural moisture content.
- Cucumber Extract – Has an astringent effect and can soothe and relieve puffy skin. Cucumber contains polysaccharides that are also found in aloe vera and are responsible for the hydrating and anti-inflammatory benefits of cucumbers. Polysaccharides create a gel-like layer on your skin that acts as a barrier to attract and keep moisture in. The cooling effects of cucumber are great for calming sensitive skin types.
- Jojoba Oil – acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and soothes irritated skin. The texture and use of your natural skin sebum are very similar to jojoba oil. This helps it absorb easily without a greasy feel. As we age, our sebaceous glands produce less sebum, which is why we get dry skin. Jojoba oil removes sticky buildup or excess oil, too; it keeps your oil levels balanced.
- Papaya Extract (Papain) – Papain is very effective in skin renewal and skin lightening. It functions as an exfoliator, skin softener, and moisturizer and helps fight acne. What’s more, the enzyme helps the body combat free radicals, thus preventing premature aging.
- Green Tea Extract – Research has established that topical application of green tea leaves or extracts has many benefits for the skin, including anti-aging properties. The polyphenols in green tea possess potent antioxidant and skin-soothing properties and show significant promise for improving the appearance of sun-damaged skin. It also protects the skin from the damaging effect of free radicals. Green tea extract also contains Methylxanthines that stimulates skin microcirculation and therefore positively influence the tone and health of the skin. Green tea extract can actually decrease the appearance of wrinkles to help make you look younger. Green tea extract is a good anti-inflammatory agent, and most importantly having an inhibitory action on collagenase (a collagen-reducing enzyme that breaks down collagen). This helps to promote the health and quantity of collagen, thereby maintaining firm and elastic skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid – Hyaluronic is a humectant giving it the ability to absorb and deliver lasting moisture to the skin. The hyaluronic acid molecule can hold up to 1000 times its weight in water. Applying hyaluronic acid on your face plumps up the skin to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. It also improves the skin’s protective barrier, as well as firms and improves the skin. It can even give your skin an antioxidant defense to fight UV damage. This is important since free radicals can break down collagen and elastin to age our skin and make wrinkles and sagging more apparent.
- Vitamin E – It can help reduce the appearance of scars. While Vitamin E’s main role in creams and lotions is as an antioxidant, it could help soften and moisturize the skin. Vitamin E helps restore the lost moisture in the skin and helps with dry and damaged skin. Vitamin E is a powerhouse of antioxidants that neutralize the effects of free radicals caused by ultraviolet radiation. Vitamin E oil is a heavy emollient and makes for a great way to get rid of dirt, grime, and other impurities while simultaneously maintaining your skin’s oil balance. It might treat scars or prevent them from forming in the first place.
- Rose Essential Oil – Has excellent emollient properties for moisturizing dry skin and anti-inflammatory properties that help treat redness and inflammation. It also evens out your skin tone and has anti-aging properties.
- French Lavender Essential Oil – Lavender oil does a great job at balancing your skin’s moisture barrier so it isn’t too oily or dry. It helps reduce redness, blotchy patches, and acne scarring. Lavender oil’s anti-inflammatory properties make it great for soothing and healing skin that’s irritated or reddened from the sun, insect bites, or bacteria. Lavender oil is a potent source of antioxidants and other beneficial phytochemicals that fight free radical damage. The antioxidants in lavender oil can help protect against wrinkles, fine lines, and dark age spots.
The Exfoliator, a nutrient-rich skin treatment formula.
This product is AMAZING! I used it once on my elbows this morning and was mildly impressed. However, I just used it on my face and my feet, and I am so impressed! While using it on my face, I had a considerable amount of dead skin accumulate, and afterward, my pores looked smaller, my skin felt tighter, and my complexion was a lot clearer and brighter. Also, since exfoliators typically tend to irritate my skin, I was pleasantly surprised that I did not have any adverse reactions to it.
At first, I was skeptical so I had my 16 yr old daughter try it. She said mom you have to try this. I was a little weirded out at first about what I was seeing happening but love the feeling after. The dead skin just lifts off.